05/12/2011 by Carl Reynolds
An early start as the Ape needed a lift to the station, then straight on to the lido. Just one person in at 7:35, and I was doubtful if the sauna had warmed up sufficiently, so joined Batch in the café for a chat and coffee before my swim. Whilst sitting, I reflected on all that is good about swimming at the lido at this time of year:
- If you weren’t sure if you were awake then you certainly will be both sure and awake after your swim!
- There are rarely more than a few people in the pool at any one time.
- You become aware of your entire body and have a feeling of “oneness”
- You spend the rest of the day feeling amazing.
- The sauna is a lovely and sociable place to be afterwards.
- People show they care by “worrying about you” if you are in the water for a long time (Hilary – I forgot to say I’d gone for a quick shower before going into the sauna!)
- There is nothing like a hot towel!
I reflected back on the summer days and thought – although the water is cold, I love it.
Mrs Ape 7C – 1000 yards.